Can you believe it? There are still spaces open for Creative University! I’m usually sold out by this time, but lucky you – you can still get in on this amazing event.
What is Creative University?
Well, it’s awesome. It’s an art retreat, it’s a crop, it’s a girl’s camp, it’s the ultimate get-away. It will boost your creative spirit, teach you new art techniques, introduce you to new friends and fill your inspiration bucket to overflowing.
Dates: Feb. 14-17, 2013
Location: Lake Coeur d’Alene, ID
Click for map
Six Reasons Why
In honor of my 6th year hosting Creative U, here are 6 reasons why you should attend Creative University 2013.
This is an all-inclusive event, which means you receive everything for one price. For just $82 per day*, you get:
• Lodging for 3 nights
• 8 meals (Thurs. dinner to Sun. brunch)
• 5 Creative Classes with projects included (over 10 hours!)
• Self-paced make-and-take projects
• Student assemblies with games & prizes
*4-day package price. 3-day package is also available.
2. Classes & Projects designed by Tresa
Have you ever wanted to take a class designed by the stamp goddess? This year I will be designing ALL of the class projects, presented by a hand-picked staff of talented teachers.
Classes include scrapbooking, cardmaking, projects and techniques. Some projects may include home décor, gifts, wearables, jewelry and/or textiles. All classes are hands-on and include complete projects. Whatever your skill level, you’ll be challenged and inspired by the assortment of projects to complete and techniques to learn at CU.
You’ll attend four 2-hour classes, and one self-paced classroom activity for a total of 5 classes. Classes are always optional, so if you’d rather spend your time crafting at your table, it’s your choice.
You’ll also receive make-and-take projects with materials and instructions to create in your free time.
Work along with me on the private Creative University Ustream channel and chat with the other CU students online. Materials provided, you only pay shipping costs.
Register for Creative University in November and receive your November class with three holiday themed projects for FREE, no shipping charge!
Monthly make-and-takes are available only to students registered at the time of the class, so don’t miss this opportunity, register now so you won’t miss any of the classes.
Live classes are a great way to meet your fellow students while creating some fun creative projects!
4. Extracurricular Activities
While Creative University is an institute of higher learning, it’s not all work, work, work…. there’s room for some purely fun activities as well.
Enjoy any or all of the following optional events:
1. Swaps – Join one of our annual swaps with other students for a bevy of take-home inspiration. Swaps this year include charms, twinchies and cards.
2. Secret Sister – a favorite activity for all participants.
3. Student Assemblies – Games and prizes!
4. Massage* – Relieve your stress and pamper yourself with an on-site masseuse
5. Zumba!* – Wake up and burn off those calories from the delicious camp food with a fun and easy Zumba class.
6. Logowear – Have you noticed how adorable all the students look in our CU photos, and how color-coordinated? Create U has the BEST logowear, really. Comfy, flattering and best quality, you’ll want an entire wardrobe.
*Activity option depends on number of participants.
5. Location, Location, Location
Stunning views of Lake Coeur d’Alene, peaceful mountain setting with nature trails, cozy cabins with modern facilities (cabins include bathrooms and showers), crackling fireplaces, and delicious home-style meals.
No clean-up, no cooking, it’s all done for you.
Getting to camp is easy. Many students fly or drive to CU, it’s worth the trip!
6. Your last chance
I’ve saved the most important, and biggest news for the last. It’s official, this is the final year for Creative University retreat. Six amazing years, and this year will be the best one yet. It’s not easy to say goodbye to my “Creative baby” and I have cherished the time I have had with all of my CU alumni.
If you’ve been wanting to attend, and keep promising yourself “maybe next year,” this is your last chance to experience Creative University retreat in person.
I’m pulling out all the stops, planning the biggest art budget and teaching staff ever. You won’t want to miss it, reserve your spot now before CU sells out and it’s history.
Just 20 spots left!
For more information about Creative University, visit the CU website.